Don’t @ Me returns! We took a week off and now we are back for more. It’s raw, to the point opinions with little real thought into them. This week we rattle of ten of my opinions on the current year of anime so far. Check em out after the cut!
1. It’s overall been a rather mediocre anime year so far. But that is probably because 2018 was a banner year for anime, with so many great series that left an impression on many people. 2019 can’t keep up with that and it doesn’t have to.
2. The front-runner for anime of the year right now is probably Kaguya-Sama: Love is War. There is just something really special and great about that show that I can’t get out of my head. My number 2 is probably Rising of the Shield Hero, which reminds me.
3. If you dropped Rising of the Shield Hero cause of the first episode’s sloppy premise. Give it another shot, it’s a really good show at best, and a pretty decent Isekai at worst. I still can’t wrap my head around the SAO levels of hate some people have for this show.
4. I wish I could have liked Wiseman’s Grandchild the way other people have this year. Maybe I’m just one Isekai series in too deep. I still think my review of the show is the best review of it that will ever be made.
5. All of my ecchi hopes are being placed in Do you Love your Mom and her Two-Hit Muli-target Attacks?, or Isekai MILF. This has been a really shitty year for ecchi so far, so I pray that this has at least some funny perverted moments.
6. Fuck AT-X for what they did to Why the Hell are you Here Teacher? That’s 4kids level of censorship.
7. Seriously, go watch YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the edge of the world. I swear i’m the only person on WordPress watching it and I want someone to give a second opinino on it. It’s a fucking great show, why are people sitting on it?
8. I really hope That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime has a strong second season, it’s a good show, but that back half was just dull. It seems to be doing well, and I want to see more of Milim’s ass, I mean the well developed characters and stuff….
9. Kimestu no Yaiba has way too much of a budget for what is overall an above average shonen show. Fuck does it look pretty though. I just hope Ufotable puts that Fate money into another Fate adaption sometime soon.
10. Isekai Quartet really should have been a full length series. If they do a second season, I hope they also toss in the characters of Slime and Shield Hero in as well.