We aren’t done with the One Year Anniversary just yet. I pushed this back one day, but Don’t @ Me, like the sex drive of Takuya from YU-NO, simply can’t be stopped. Join me after the cut as I smack down ten of my opinions on…since it’s the anniversary post, pretty much anything I want! Enjoy!
1. The idea that I kept this blog running rather consistently for a year is quite shocking to me. I honestly thought I would run out of stuff to say, or anime to talk about. I’ll admit some weeks are a bit harder than others, but I’ve had so much fun doing this.
2. Limiting myself to 3 and 8 episode check ins for seasonal anime have done wonders to help prevent burnout. The idea of doing so many week to week reviews is frankly incomprehensible. I have massive amounts of awe and respect for those who manage to pull it out. I just can’t find enough to talk about week to week, and I think it just better to let the “hype” or “disappointment” of a single week’s episode mellow out before I give my thoughts.
3. Demon Slayer doesn’t deserve to win anime of the year for a single episode. That’s not fair to the other good shows, and honestly, not fair to Demon Slayer itself. It’s too good of a show to be judged on one single episode, no matter how amazing the animation was. Which brings me too….
4. Demon Slayer is not “changing Shonen,” it hasn’t “saved shonen” it isn’t “the greatest shonen of all time.” It’s a rock solid story that won the lottery by getting Ufotable to adapt it. It’s strengths are it’s own, but it also got REALLY fucking lucky.
5. Black Eagle Strike Force? Blue Lions? Golden Deer? No Fire Emblem Three Houses…let’s call it what it really is. Byleth’s Bitches.
6. I do hope that Senran Kagura 7even gets made. Fanservice aside, they are fun beat-em up games with cool characters.
7. I’m legit surprised Kaguya-Sama: Love is War hasn’t been green-lit for a second season, considering how fast Quintessential Quintuplets got theirs. Unless something from autumn completely blows my mind, it’s winning anime of the year.
8. I don’t care for shipping, but Code Geass’s Lelouch and C.C are the perfect match for each other, because no matter how many times Lelouch fucks up, C.C will never die. Seriously go back and re-watch the anime and see what happens to the other Lelouch is close to, doesn’t end fucking well for them does it?
9. Hey! The Gundam Seed movie, first announced in 2006 and postponed since because the creator was diagnosed (and then tragically passed) from brain cancer is rumored to be starting back up! I’m real curious to see what a SEED movie would end up being like.