Welcome back to Don’t @ Me where the point is in the title. These last two weeks have been absolute hell over at the old career and thankfully things look like they are finally calming down. That of course means I’ll have more time for blogging, which I’ve missed terribly. So we’ll celebrate my hopeful return to form with eight more of my anime opinions. It could be about anything really, so join me after the cut!
1. Sometimes there is no hidden meaning or greater depth behind a character or a story. I’ve never, NEVER cared for the 45 minute video trying to explain a character or a story. They reek of faux intellectualism and trying WAY too hard to twist something to fit your view of the world. Granted that is just my view, and it clearly works for some, but I’ve found it mind baffling.
2. I don’t really think Anime has a great track record with villains. Oh there are some asshole baddies for sure, but truly evil diabolical villains? Ones that are actually evil, and not just the “end boss?” I think those are few and far between, though again I could be wrong. Babylon’s Ai Magase however is probably the closest I’ve seen yet. Which brings met too…
3. If your not watching Babylon, START WATCHING Babylon. Talk about a come from behind sleeper hit that 2019 has desperately needed. I’m trying hard to keep my judgement until the show finally ends, but this is so far the show that has been closest to actually beating Kaguya-Sama: Love is War for Anime of the Year. It still needs to stick the landing though…
4. The reception towards my Anime Tiddy blog post has tempted me to write more ones in that nature, talking about parts of the industry/fandom that I don’t think get a fair shake. However that is never what Shallow Dives in Anime was supposed to be, it was a place to get bite-sized views on anime. I’m still on the fence, but I’d love to see what my readers think.
5. Aside from The Summer of Love II which is the next big blogging event (that’s planned) happening later this year, (It’s down to either Date A Live, or Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya)I’m still debating over what anime series should be me summer watching project. Debating over Sword Art Online, or My Hero Academia. I’m pretty much ‘done’ with Shonen at this point, so I’m leaning SAO, but I’ve heard the hype over MHA, so thoughts would be welcome.
6. Never thought that an entire anime could sell itself on reaction faces like Cautious Hero has. But god damn has it. Talk about a funny as fuck series.
7. Eight episodes in, I still don’t know if Oresuki: Are you the Only one who Loves Me? is a hot mess of a show that didn’t commit to it’s premise, or a genuinely brilliant harem anime. I still don’t know, and I don’t think I’m going to until the end, and that’s both intriguing and frustrating as fuck.
8.. Hey guy..did you think the Rising of the Shield Hero, Fire Force and *insert bullshit anime nontroversy here*discourse was bad? Well, well, well my friends. Apparently a little popular light novel series called Redo of Healer has just been green-lit for an anime. We ain’t seen NOTHING yet.