It’s Monday, I’m one year older, and I’m back with the fucking Canucks. Welcome back to Don’t @ Me, the place that, like Bercouli, I hit it and then quit it with my random thoughts on all things anime, manga and the like. Blogging will resume normally now that I’m all settled in, but until then I’m just gonna shoot my mouth off on whatever comes to mind. Let’s get into it after the cut.
1. Just started reading Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: The Glory of the Losers, and I’m really enjoying it. It’s a good extension of a monumental anime that frankly, hasn’t aged well. However they cut out of almost ALL of Relena’s introduction, which was fucking surprising as shit. I mean, Relena’s entire role is to just obsess over Heero, but she was a fine character.
2. Uzaki-Chan wants to Hang Out! isn’t good enough to deserve the hate it is getting. But I guess people are so fucking entrenched in ideological dogma that they can’t see things for what they are. Shame really, but she’s got a nice butt.
3. I mean fucking really. I’ve watched two episodes and I wasn’t overly blown away by it. But because some guy threw tantrum over her chest size, people have apparently zeroed in on this show as being the worst thing on the planet. I would have thought they’d have shit on something a little more popular, but I guess The God of High School is still in its honeymoon phase, and Sword Art Online blew it’s load in the first episode.
4. I’ve been listening to the Trash-Taste Podcast lately, a little anime show with some infamous youtubers. It’s quite a fun listen because you can tell these three people are friends and are just having a conversation, not putting on any airs. You should check it out if you have a laugh, even if you don’t care for anime YouTube.
5. I mean, I’ve been on record for being rather ‘meh’ about anitube in general, but this feels like a real podcast made by people who like anime, not trying to score points in either direction. I know there are a few channels that have rubbed people the wrong way, or are too “mainstream”, but this feels authentic, which is very important I think to many viewers.
6. Monster Girl Doctor isn’t the second season of Monster Musume that I (and everyone) wanted, but I’ve really enjoyed the peaceful slice of life (plus ecchi hijinks) that it’s offered so far. Hope it keeps that going.
7. Fellow WordPress bloggers. Has anyone, like ANYONE seen or heard from Karandi lately? She’s been off the grid for months now. I hope she’s alright.