It’s Monday, which means it’s this time! Welcome to Don’t @ Me, the time where, like when Shion pisses herself upon realizing she’s fucked up royal, I deliver a gushing stream of opinions and views on Anime, manga and the like. You can probably tell I’ve been watching Higurashi, so let’s get into it after the cut!
1. I touched upon this in my twitter, but the OG Higurashi has really felt like a better version of Mirai Nikki, in the sense that it is a ID driven, teenage fantasy bloodbath that speaks to your inner 15 year old. Thankfully it has avoided Nikki’s downside of not being a rough draft of a better, tighter story.
2. It is also probably the only series where “they are just psycho, go with it” actually works, especially when you realize the true case behind the madness, real clever when you think about it. Really pumped to dish out my thoughts on that first season later this week.
3. The Journey of Elaina had a pretty dark episode this week, and I was all for it. Anime has never been shy about going this way, and it really shows that Elaina isn’t going to be a story about a girl solving everyone’s problems, but just a journey through life. All the good, and all the bad. Let’s hope it sticks with that.
4. Next hentai review is probably going to be an ugly bastard entry, but the one that is actually heartwarming as all fuck. So look forward to that.
5. I pulled the hot assassin lady from the new Fate GO gacha, but NOT the Illya alter-ego! My life fucking sucks man.
6. Kaguya-sama’s latest chapter was a real gut-punch to the feels. Rejection hurts, I know that, everyone does. But I take heart in knowing that the eventual triumph and payoff will be the best feeling in the world. Let’s hope the series can deliver.
7. I’ve pretty much accepted that Season 5 of High School DxD won’t be announced this year. Real damn shame. I’ve also come to terms that 4 seasons might be all we get, and honestly that is enough. Still, I want more ecchi!
8. Which means, it’s time to go shoulder deep into Valkyrie Drive Mermaid, one of the raunchiest titles yet. So hold on to your pearls!