I like lists, do you like lists? Well I heard you like lists. A few months ago I threw out my second post that discussed my favorite lines from anime and manga. Today I’m going to do the same thing! Join me after the cut as I give you five more of my favorite lines!
1. You are a true hero, and a hero is all you can be. – Puck from ReZero Season 2
My take: Chills, literal chills when I heard this line. These words probably sum up the character of Reinhard so well, and I really hope they hint at his personality and history to come.
2. YOU LIAR! –Rena from Higurashi
My take: It comes out of nowhere, but the rage and insanity that come from these two words sets the viewer down the blood soaked path that made Higurashi famous. Don’t let the cutesy girl fool you, this shit is cray-cray.
3. No! The Hermit Crabs are watching! – Yamato from Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls! (English Dub)
My take: I could go on and on about Britney Karbowski’s performance as Miyako from Majikoi. A perfect role from one of the best voice actors in the business. But Josh Grelle’s stint as Yamato is just as good. This line is just one of many, but it’s so good.
4. Cunt-tuckey Fried Chicken over there is in love with you- Koneko Toujou from High School DxD Hero (English Dub)
My take: Jad Saxton as Koneko is one of the few English castings that is, without a shadow of a doubt, superior to the original Japanese. Koneko is a complete savage, and this line just nails it.
5. NARUTO! SASUKE! – Naruto and Sasuke from Naruto
My take: Look, we’ve all made fun of this, but honestly, we remember it for a reason. The fights are good, and the bond between the both is real. Let’s just let them yell each others names. It’s that shonen shit we love.