It’s Monday, which means it is time for this! Welcome to Don’t @ Me. The place where, like the demon slayer corps, I cry uncontrollably over a dead senpai as I give you my thoughts views and ideas on everything in the anime and manga world. This week I’m seeing an anime film in theatres, and some other stuff. Let’s get into it after the cut.
- Seeing the Sword Art Online Progressive movie tomorrow. This will be my first anime film I’ve seen in theatres in…oh my god, almost 20 years. I’ve heard good things about it, so I am hoping it will be enjoyable. You can expect my thoughts soon!
2. Mugen Train worked so much better as a seasonal show than a movie. Maybe that is because I’ve re-adjusted my expectations, but I enjoyed watching the arc a second time far better. It’s still nothing special, Demon Slayer isn’t anything special, but I liked it far more. Still WAY too much crying though.
3. Golden Kamuy has gotten a fourth season! Excellent news! That is a show that keeps getting better and better the longer it goes on. So badass, but so fucking funny too.
4. I’ve been watching the 2006 Fate/Stay Night for #anitwitwatches (you should join!) and it’s been fun. I’m sure I’ll be gnashing my teeth soon (I see you Rin’s misplaced command seal), but knowing what it is, and it’s place in time, it’s quite enjoyable to watch.
5. I’m very surprised Komi Can’t Communicate hasn’t set the anime world on fire. It seems like that show that fans would go gaga over. Cute girls, fun plots and all those fucking Komi faces. I suppose the Netflix jail has really cut off the oxygen for it. Shame, cause it’s a damn good series.
6. I mean, LOOK AT THIS! How has this not taken over anime?