It’s Monday, which means it is time for this! Welcome to Don’t @ Me! The place where, unlike the rest of the anime fandom, I’m not watching Attack on Titan while I give my thoughts, views and opinions on everything in the anime and manga world. This week is…well I just said it, let’s get into it after the cut.
- This anime season can be pretty much summed up as “If you aren’t watching the final season of Attack on Titan, then there is pretty much nothing,” And that’s honestly true. It seems a lot of other shows this year are just waiting for it to come out, as are fans.
2. Cause hey, I have no doubt the show earns at least 85% of the hype it gets, but as someone who hasn’t go around to watching it (I will once the hype is gone), it is annoying that the rest of the anime industry is pretty much just waiting for it to be finished so the rest of the year can start.
3. Is that me being a bit of a grouch? Maybe, but I’m not one of those viewers who only watches one or two shows (I do four!) and that’s it. There is more to the anime year than Attack on Titan, so let’s just get it out and over with so we can move on.
4. BUT, if you are looking another good show. My Dress-up Darling had a fantastic pilot, like holy SHIT was it good! I hope that show can be that level of quality (and stays in its plot lane) for the rest of its run. We will have to see!
5. I recently watched “A day in the life of a manga creator” by Paulo from Tokyo, and the mangaka they were following was the Rent-A-Girlfriend creator! The comments have been having a fun time after the…interesting… chapter 218.
6. So AMC bought Sentai Filmworks and that’s….interesting? I mean, out of all the companies that would want a piece of the streaming pie, AMC? I mean, they are probably trying to just sex up their portfolio for a future sale, but…really?
7. Like, Sentai Filmworks was always the third place medal in the streaming wars, even before Crunchyroll and Funimation got big. They made their money by licensing all the titty anime shows that the other ones were too skittish. Will that survive this new corporate buyout? Probably not, but hey! It’s not fucking Disney.