It’s Monday, which means it is time for this! Welcome back to Don’t @ Me, the place where, like one exiled prince. I play games within games while I give you my thoughts and views on everything in the anime and manga world. This week I started watching Code Geass again and played a SHIT ton of Yu-Gi-Oh! Let’s get into it after the cut.
1. I mean it, my entire life has been Master Duel, the new online version of Yu-Gi-Oh! for the last few days. It’s just a fun fucking game to play, and something I’ve been doing since I was a kid. Not much patience for my opponents taking 7 minutes a turn, but there are so many decks with cute anime girls, so yeah!
2. Also, I’ve been re-watching Code Geass again. For a show that is considered to be a crown jewel of the fan-sub generation, it is also one that is kinda…eh? I mean I’m only about six episodes in, but I am noticing a lot of sloppy editing and rushiness I didn see all those years ago. Still it is stylish as all hell, doesn’t skimp on the skin, and Lelouch earns his reputation.
3. Saw someone on twitter saying that the 90s and early 00s were better for anime because it wasn’t being censored enough. And man, do I have a Cardcaptors and Dragon Ball Z I want to sell you.
4. Like, I despise those pearl-clutching purity obsessed, anti-fanservice people as much as the next person. But they haven’t done anything that was NEAR as close to what they did to some anime back in the late 90s.
5. I ordered a drop dead sexy Akeno Himejima figurine that should be coming in the near future. Oh does it look fucking fantastic. Second best girl!
6. I need to throw up some more cultured posts on the blog too. Expect a few of those in the near future!