It’s Monday, which means it is time for this! Welcome back to Don’t @ Me! The place where, like Attack on Titan, I’m dragging this shit out as I give my thoughts and opinions on everything in the Anime and Manga world. Let’s get into it after the cut!
- Attack on Titan is having a third part to its final season and people seem to be very annoyed about it. Honestly I think it is just the studio desperately trying to hold onto their golden goose.
- I mean, whatever. Hopefully it means the final episodes are amazing in terms of animation, but the final few chapters are mostly seen as ‘eh’ by the fans overall, and frankly they are already stretching shit out far more than it should. It just reeks of greed.
- And considering the stranglehold the series had on this last season, I really don’t want to see that again. There is more to anime than this one series, and frankly it being able to hold everything back was annoying once, let’s not do that again.
- Disney stated in a recent article that anime was a ‘focus point’ for them in the future, and once again I let out a giant annoyed groan. I’m not going to go over my thoughts on Disney and it trying to carve a piece of the anime pie, but yeah, not the greatest news.
- I said this before, but mark my words. We are two, maybe three years out from Disney making a major power-play in the anime industry. I’m talking about them buying up a popular studio, or publishing company. I don’t know which one it’ll be, I don’t know how, but it is absolutely going to happen. There is no way studios like A-1 and Ufotable are going to be able to release high quality series without companies eager for that money trying to get them to make their shit. Better make your piece with that.
- Spy X Family comes out this week and I am very curious about how the anime fandom will react to it. It’s already picking up steam in terms of anticipation, and I have no doubt it’s going to be something. Get ready for your social media feeds to be slammed with so much of this.