It’s Monday, which means it is time for this! Welcome back to Don’t @ Me! The place where, like the Spy x Family, I try to uphold east-west relations as I give you my thoughts on the anime and manga worlds. This weekend was Easter and so we rise again! Let’s get into it after the cut.
- In Another Word with my Smartphone has gotten a second season, shocking everyone! And I can’t be happier, I loved this series and have praised it time and again, so it’s great to see it gets a second bite.
- And honestly it deserves that praise. Isekai Smartphone is one of the best ‘indulgent isekai’ around. It knows exactly what it is, gives you that premise right upfront and expects you to either be on board or not. It’s a male trash power fantasy to the bone, but it doesn’t try to be anything else. It has my respect for that, full respect.
3. But of course, people are upset that a show like this is getting a sequel, but honestly? Who cares. This just helps feed the idea that the anime industry realizes that people want sequels to stories. They don’t want shows they enjoy just to be overt ads to the light novels and manga.
4. Of course, No Game, No Life continues to wait alone in the rain, begging for something, anything, in regards to its future second season. I mean, this shit is just getting sad now. Someone give this show it’s second season. (And High School DxD’s fifth))
5. World of Warcraft’s new expansion is revealed tomorrow! I don’t have the white-hot rage that some of the community have (And I’m a DAY ONE player), so I’m quite excited. Ogre race baby!!!!!
6. If you want to listen to a great song that I am surprised is not a anime theme, listen to Mayonaka no Door/Stay with ME BY Miki Matsubara. Great fucking beat from the early 80s, late 70s. Give it a listen!