It’s Monday which means it is time for this! Welcome to Don’t @ Me! The place where, like my inability to read calendar, I go into work when I shouldn’t while giving you my thoughts, views and opinions on everything in the anime and manga world. This week we shoot some more shit, let’s get into it!
- WordPress needs to fucking stop re-doing the layout of this website every three months. I swear the moment we get used to one thing, another new one shows up. Am I right here guys?
2. The tepid response to Shield Hero’s second season only furthers my belief that Jobless Reincarnation is doing to that show what Kaguya-sama did to romantic comedies. It’s quality and story are eclipsing what has come before and everything since then feels lackluster in comparison.
3. Not that the shows that have come out since had been bad. There have been some solid installments, but there is a quashing of other shows when a heavy-hitter dominates the genre. Of course this hasn’t stopped people in ‘the discourse’ to try and rip Shield Hero a new one, but honestly I have no interest in doing any of that shit.
4. Can Luffy beat Kaido already? Feels like we are reaching Freiza vs Goku levels of drag on this. I know the stuff comes out weekly, but man it’s feeling a little ridiculous now.
5. You know, I am surprised that there hasn’t been anime adaptations of the Final Fantasy games. Not just FF7, but the older ones. They seem ripe for that, especially if there is a good studio behind them.
6. I’ve been watching a lot of Hellsing lately (hopefully finish this week), and man was that show really fucking goofy at times. It’s got those badass moments, but there is also a lot of comedy that at times doesn’t really land. Definitely a show that is the same realm as Mirai Nikki.