It’s Monday, which means it is time for this! Welcome back to Don’t @ Me! The place where, like a certain rubber boy. I ascent to the top of the pirate food chain as I give you my thoughts, views and opinions on the anime industry. This week I got the title’s song fucking stuck in my head and I’m also going to talk about other shit! Let’s get into it.
- One Piece returns this week and man, reading that message from Oda, shit is going to get fucking real. I hope the man sticks the landing, no other series deserves it more.
2. I’m also currently re-reading the series right now, a volume a day and I’ve been really enjoying it. But man, does it really not get ‘great’ until we reach the Arlong arc. The first few arcs are very hit or miss. I absolutely can’t stand the Baratie arc.
3. I love how this anime season was like “Do you like shows where the main character has to French-kiss the fuck outta some girl for power?” And humanity replied “We’ll take two please,”
4. The second season of The Devil is a Part-Timer is here and that first episode was fucking fantastic. Reminded us so easily how much of a cult classic it was. I know that light novel readers run hot or cold on what happens next, but I hope it is good.
5. That all said, does anyone else feel that most of 2022 this year has been kinda eh? A few splendid hits, but overall things seem kinda ‘eh’ this year. I mean, I am always down for a quieter season, but it does feel this is the chickens coming home to roost for having so many good years.
6. Of course, that is a thought before Bleach returns. And man oh man, if that shit is any good, then twitter is going to fucking explode.