It’s Monday which means it is time for this! Welcome back to Don’t @ Me! The place where, like the reception towards the new Square Enix manga app. I plummet to the ground as I give you my thoughts, views and opinions on everything in the anime and manga world. This week, we have entered those dog days of summer, but there is still plenty to talk about. Let’s get into it after the cut.
- If you missed it, Square Enix released a new app to read manga and holy fucking SHIT. If you thought you’d have seen the worst to show this shit, then man we were proven wrong. The censorship bars (on fucking knees!) is one thing, but charging PER CHAPTER, and then dividing chapters into different parts (and charging for them). It’s insane.
2. And thankfully there has been next to no one going “well actually” on this shit. It’s been almost universally derided and it fucking should be. I don’t talk in extremes, but frankly anyone who looks at that app and goes “this seems reasonable’ is a fucking idiot. Like a true honest fucking idiot. Because that is just going to drive people back to the pirate sites and long term no one wants that.
3. Finished the first season of Noragami and it was pretty good. Very much like with Case Study of Vanitas, where I enjoyed it more once the story focused on the character interactions instead of the plot. You can expect that post coming up next week probably.
4. And yes, you’ll get my ‘best of 2022, at the half post. Actually that shit is coming up probably tomorrow.
5. Fate/Go just released, fucking finally I might add, their servant equivalent of Arcuied from Tsukihime. Seven years! Seven years that took! You know I’ll be going for that character, after Saber Shiro, Tamamovitch, Morgan probably…Yeah…this game owns me.
6. Why am I so fucking invested into Parallel World Pharmacy? This isekai shit just won’t stop man. Making people do boring ass work in a magical world just fucking works man. Bloody Japanese!
One thought on “Don’t @ Me: Six of my Anime Opinions: Look at Her Edition!”
Obligatory:”Well, actually” WTF is wrong with Squeenx lately?