It’s Monday which means it is time for this! Welcome back to Don’t @ Me! The place where, like Rito running through an avalanche of naked girls. I wade my way through it all as I give you my thoughts, views and opinions on everything in the anime and manga world. This week I’m back from a well enjoyed week off and just about everything was announced during it. Let’s get into it just a bit of it after the cut.
- Chainsaw Man’s new trailer came out and again, it looks like it’s going to be EXTREME to the max. Really interested to see if it lives up to all the hype people have been giving it. And whether it’s new flavor of the month feeling, or Bleach’s nostalgia will end up prevailing.
2. Nier:Automata is getting an anime, and the little glimpse we got looks interesting. As long as that show 2B’s ass in that sweet white leotard, it will always be a hit in my eyes. Don’t let me down please!
3. Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai is returning next year! This is a warm surprise, and a welcome one. The anime tied for my best of the year in its initial run, being a well structured and introspective look at teenage drama without drowning in it. The movie….well it wasn’t nearly as good, so I hope things get back on track here.
4. Fate/Strange Fake is getting a special episode next year as well. Now I know little of this series, but it seems to be a light novel concerning a government run Holy Grail War? I dunno, but it is more Fate and hopefully it’s one of the good ones. I’ll take the free SQs for Fate/Go regardless!
5. And of course, Rurouni Kenshin, the famous shonen series has been confirmed for its Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood style reboot next year. A landmark series for the shonen genre and one that has stood the test of time. I’m pumped to see this series get the full on re-telling it deserves and I can only hope it is good.
6. And I am FULLY aware of the crimes of the author. That sucks, and it sucks that such an important series now has that baggage stapled to it. I was going to discuss this in a post, but honestly? I just don’t want to. No good is going to come from it and I would rather spare myself the headache getting involved in that dialogue. All I’ll say, and this will be the last word I say on the matter, is this: It’s your choice whether or not you can stomach the series knowing about the actions of the author. No one is wrong for not watching it, and no one is wrong for watching it. Make up your own mind, and don’t condemn people for any choice the make.