It’s Monday, which means it is once again time for this! Welcome back to Don’t @ Me! The place where, like Robin Hood Daffy, I play my lute as I try to trip up and down with my opinions, views and thoughts on the anime and manga world. This week we come back from a week off of this, but with still plenty to talk about! Let’s get into it after the cut.
- I did not care for the opening episode of Chainsaw Man at all. It looked good sure, but there was nothing there that told me this is the show people are creaming their pants over. Perhaps I’ll feel differently after a few more episode, hell I’m sure I will. But so far? Not the best start.
2. The same can’t be said for Bleach, which seemed to waste no fucking time getting to the plot, jumping right where the manga left off. Again seeing these series two butt heads is going to be fun throughout the season, mostly because I don’t give a fuck either way.
3. Miriko from My Hero Academia saying “What’s up Doc?” in the dub, right when she is bursting through a wall to hunt down a doctor isn’t some great travesty of western interference. I thought it works quite well, and doesn’t detract from the plot at all. Though again, I’ve always been behind 95% of the dub scripts.
4. Eminence in Shadow was everything I wanted it to be. Some bullshit edgelord trying to Chunibyo his way through his new life. It’s so cringe and stupid, I fucking love it.
5. In non anime news. Rings of Power was a very ‘meh’ show, where House of the Dragon has been hitting nothing but net. Not what I expected to go down, but as I’ve rapidly learning, there is only one rule to success: “It’s the writing, stupid.”
6. I’ve started up the new Legend of Galactic Heroes again, and man oh man, am I enjoying it. Now the most gripping story in terms of pacing, but I like how it is presented almost as a history text. The viewer looking over the shoulder of a pivotal moment in human history. It’s quite good!
One thought on “Don’t @ Me: Six of my Anime Opinions: To Trip it Up and Down Edition”
I’m having a great time with The Eminence in Shadow. Like you said, it’s cringe and stupid, but it embraces both says asks, “Okay, what’s something cool we can do with this?”
I loved how Alpha wasted no time seizing control of the conversation!
LikeLiked by 1 person