It’s Monday, which means it is once again time for this! Welcome back to Don’t @ Me! The place where, like that damn gif I once saw on Irina’s blog. I swing and sing as I give you my thoughts and views on everything in the anime world. This week I’m almost ready for Christmas and a well deserved break. Also some anime shit. Let’s get into it after the cut!
- Gonna put up my post on Witch from Mercury this week. I am aware there is one more episode, but it comes out on Christmas and frankly I don’t think it s going to change my thoughts on the show that much. I look forward to giving out my thoughts on it which are mostly postive.
2. I also like that both Witch and Eminence in Shadow give me two sides of anime that are interesting to me. One that I felt was made completely for me, and one that wasn’t. And how that’s actually totally okay for each of them.
3. The trailer for the Kenshin anime came out and surprisingly there was little hand-wringing so far about it. It’s a contentious topic, and one I’m sure will flare up once the release gets closer. A shame that such an important show has to be saddled with the crimes of its author, but alas, that is how it is.
4. I think the biggest gripe I can throw at the Nasuverse is that he often likes to say something that can be said in a sentence and instead does it in like 9 paragraphs. I love their work and Witch on the Holy Night has been great, but there is a lot of stretching stuff out that could be compressed and still be good.
5. The SpyxFamily movie will very likely be a classic anime film, in that it will be a non-canon adventure. There just isn’t enough in the story right now to do anything canon AND have another season. Nothing wrong with that, but I would get your expectations in check.
6. Netflix needs to fucking stop trying to adapt high-concept anime series like One Piece and now My Hero Academia. I get it, they want the series with the massive fanbase, but live action doesn’t have anything to grab onto in terms of a track-record. Can the fucking figure out how to do like, Death Note first?