If you’ve read my blog, then you know that my time with Overlord has been a love-hate sort of relationship. I tried it, didn’t like it, tried it again, was a bit better, then finally gave it another shot and came around to enjoying it. Part of that was me accepting the series for what it is, not what I thought and wanted it to be. With that said, how does the fourth installment hold up? Well after the cut let’s take a dive into Overlord IV and find out!
I’m been entertaining the idea of revisiting the Bible Black hentai. I gave my thoughts on it before, but recent ruminations have made me realize just how good that show is. Not because of the plot, but how it pretty much represents everything ‘hentai’ is. It is a near completely package, and if anyone was ever interested in this genre and tried it yet. This is the show I would recommend for the variety of what it offers. A great example of this is what we are looking at today, so after the cut let’s take a dive into the hentai series: Bible Black Only!
The following post contains images that are NOT SAFE FOR WORK! Please read with discretion.Read More »
Our look at the manga series Parallel Paradise continues! When we last left off Yota died again and after fucking a bunch of girls again. But this time the mysterious figure who is responsible has been revealed? What will this mean for the series? Well let’s take a look at the seventh volume of the series and find out!
NSFW pictures ahead. Please read with discretion.Read More »
Once again me and the girlfriend have been watching some anime! This was a show that I skipped out last time, but we decided to see what was up. Am I glad I did? Or did I just waste my time? Well after the cut let’s take a dive into the first cour of The Case Study of Vanitas and find out!Read More »
I have never been on the Attack on Titan thing. I’ll probably get into it at one point, but it’s just something that I have no interest in when its such a red-hot thing. However like with many anime, there are shows that are similar. Does that mean they are better? Or are things too similar for anything to work? Well after the cut let’s take a dive into the series: Seraph of the End and find out!Read More »
Overlord has always been the Isekai I’ve struggled to get into the most. I tried three times to love it, and I couldn’t do it. Then buying the light novels and watching with friends turned me around on it. I still think it is the weakest of the Kadokawa ‘Big 4’, but it is a fun take on a well worn formula that has more than enough effort put into it. My thoughts on the anime series and several of the Light Novels are right here.
The Light Novels
I wasn’t intending to come back to this series unless it was reviewing the Light Novels. However I’ve been watching anime with a friend and I knew that Goblin Slayer would be something he enjoyed. So we sat down and re-watched the series once more and I figured I got a bit more to say. So after the cut, let’s take a re-dive into the series: Goblin Slayer!
My thoughts on the Light Novel adaptations can be found here!
My thoughts on my first viewing of the anime can be found here!Read More »
Our look at the anime adaptation of Overlord continues! I’ve given you my quick thoughts on the last two seasons already, mostly because I had already gone into those stories with the light novels. For the third season however, this now covers elements I have not yet read, so I figure it is only proper to give it the full Shallow Dive. So after the cut let’s take a dive into the third season of Overlord!Read More »
I’ve made it no secret that I struggled, STRUGGLED to get through the anime version of Overlord. While I found more success with the Light Novels, I knew I should try the anime again. Recently I sat down with a buddy and watched all three seasons. And while I don’t want to re-hash all my thoughts about what is the same stuff, I do want to take a moment and get my quick thoughts out on the first season. Let’s get into this after the cut!
- The first season remains the strongest out of the three displayed so far. Mostly because the story is focused completely on Ainz and his servants. They have always been the best part of the series, especially as Ainz tries to Mr. Magoo his way through world domination, and his fear that there may be people more powerful of him (but there isn’t)
- The setting and plot of this first season makes Overlord the most ‘bland’ of the Big Four. It doesn’t have Tanya’s fresh setting, Konosuba’s comedy, or ReZero’s deeper character twists. Still, the use of a unique main character, and the atmosphere help sell the show regardless.
- Which is why every time the series pulls itself out of the Ainz central story, things just tend to fall apart. I’ll get more into this in the second season, but it is a problem, but thankfully not one that shows up most in this season.
- I was surprised at fast, but properly paced this season was. It covers three full light novels (and these are meaty books), and there were no major events or anything that were cut. I can’t recall any fine details, but I was surprised at how well structured.
- Clementine’s death is probably Overlord’s best moment throughout all three seasons. She’s a great baddy and her getting her ass kicked by Ainz was damn satisfying. The fight with Shalltear was a close second, and I like how the close call gives Brain (still a really dumb fucking name) a chance to be a better person.
- In regards to the way the anime looks and sounds, I will say that the animation is okay, but when put up against the light novel’s fucking fantastic art, and the end-credit pictures, it just doesn’t look good. It’s very bland, and a little bit too ‘clean’ for my tastes. Again it is never rough, but I wish there was a bit more grit and style ala Jobless Reincarnation.
- The voice cast though, in both dub and sub are top tier though. I love Ainz’s voice as well as Albedo’s and Demiurge. It’s a very solid cast.
- Overall, like I said, the first season is the strongest, but Overlord has always remained the weakest of the Kadokawa ‘big four.’
The most controversial anime of winter 2021 didn’t end up being the case, mostly because people care more about bad looking CGI titans, or a character who is clearly at the start of a long journey of redemption. Still, that doesn’t mean we can’t discuss this series, so after the cut let’s take a dive into Redo of Healer.Read More »