It’s Monday, which means it’s time to air those sins. Welcome back to Don’t @ Me, that time during the week where I shoot my mouth about whatever I can dig up about the anime and manga worlds. That’s all I can say, let’s get into it.
1. Look, I tried guys. But I couldn’t get into the Monogatari series. I made it through two stories arcs before I put it down. I honestly, really, truly tried, but it really didn’t do much for me.
2. Monogatari probably deserves every amount of praise it gets, but (and this is probably because I watched Bunny-Girl Senpai, which does similar things, but isn’t all artsy about it.). It does feel like a show that is trying to way, WAY too hard to be unique and cool. I appreciate clever shows, but there is I think, a problem with being too clever. It felt like a show that I had to give 110% of my attention to, and I just couldn’t do it. It sucks, but at least I gave it a shot.
3. What happened in regards to Act-Age really, really fucking sucks. For Shonen-jump, who had what looked like a real hit under their belt, and for the illustrator, who pretty much got her career torpedoed just for being in the crossfire.
4. Now if you are looking for a similar series that has been really taking off lately, absolute go look at Spy x Family. That was a series I literally couldn’t put down. Funny, cute, and fresh as all hell. Expect it to get an anime adaptation really soon.
5. This week is the final one for The Summer of Love II. I’ll have a housekeeping post detailing my thoughts on the whole thing after the 2nd anniversary post. But it has been a fun, though different experience than before. Mostly because re-watching Date A Live wasn’t the re-discovery of greatness that High School DxD was. My opinion on the series are pretty much exactly what they were before.
6. And yes, the 2nd anniversary post in two weeks! Hard to believe how much time has passed since I started this blog. But it also means that I have to finally, FINALLY talk about the OTHER anime series that has dogged my footsteps. Ugh….
7. I recently started up the anime version of Yamada and the 7 Witches. This is a series that has a very special place in my heart, well, mostly just that opening theme, which holds very dear memories. It’s pretty solid so far, and I look forward to talking about it!
8. Out of all the series (sans ReZero) I’m watching this season. Monster Girl Doctor has actually held up the best. I probably so go watch Rent A Girlfriend though, I heard it was pretty solid.