It’s Monday, which means it is once again time for this! Welcome to Don’t @ Me! The place where, unlike my friend. I won’t be spending time cleaning diapers and whatever else comes out as I give my thoughts and opinions on the anime and manga world. Let’s get into it after the cut.
1. Been listening to Sweet but Pyscho on my phone lately (girlfriend got me hooked on it) and fuck if that song is not the damn theme for every Yandere ever created.
2. Making my way through Nekopara Volume 4 and man, I am wondering just what they are going to do for the fifth volume. Feels already they’ve milked that idea dry. Least the animation is better each time.
3. I listened to a video of someone saying that western cartoons had some of the most sophisticated themes in animation and I was like. “Yeah okay.” I mean, look, most anime ain’t that deep, and often has themes and ideas put upon them by the viewers, but really? Come off it. 4. It makes me curious about how some people watch their entertainment. I don’t go searching for shows (of any stripe) to perfectly reflect my, or any other theme, political idea, or philosophical concept. I watch them, let my opinions form, and keep them as they are: my opinions, not THE reading of the show. I bet people would be happier if they had that mindset.
5. I think honestly, people should just stop using twitter. Like really, fucking just stop using twitter as a platform to discuss shit that is any deeper than a kiddie pool.
6. Eighty-Six ended this week and ended on a damn strong note. I am surprised that it took this long for these two episodes to come out, as they were very light on animation, but hey, each of them looked rock solid. I’ve heard some grumbling from some people about it, but again, look at points 4 and 5. It’s a damn good show that doesn’t re-write the book, but focuses on spit and polish